Posted on: January 15, 2018

Major Construction Slated For Central Avenue


Major construction is scheduled along Central Ave. in Roselle starting in April, with plans to install a new water main designed to connect water service from the DuPage Water Commission to neighboring Bartlett. The new 30” transmission water main will run from the DuPage Water Commission Tower just east of the Roselle Post Office, and along Central Ave. to Gary Ave., eventually ending in Bartlett.

This project comes after the Bartlett Village Board voted to seek a new source of water for their community, with the DuPage Water Commission chosen as their new supplier. The Village of Roselle has been an active member of the DuPage Water Commission since 1986, and worked closely with DuPage Water Commission representatives in a cooperative effort to expedite the project to connect Bartlett.

Work on the water main installation is expected to be completed in July. A project to resurface Central Ave. will follow, with resurfacing work beginning in August, and completion expected in early November, weather permitting. The Village was successful in applying for federal funding for the Central Ave. resurfacing project, which was originally slated for 2017. The project was delayed until after the completion of the water main project to connect Bartlett to the DuPage Water Commission.

Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds will cover approximately 75 percent of the construction costs for the resurfacing project, with the remaining 25 percent coming from the Village of Roselle. Central Ave. is a designated route that qualifies for federal funding because it is classified as a collector street that carries more than just local traffic. In DuPage County, the DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference oversees the STP program.

Updates on the Central Ave. projects will be posted on the Street Improvement Program page.

Street Improvement Program Updates
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home

rose queen

Rose Queen Scholarship Event March 2

Posted on: January 25, 2018
coffee with board

Join the Village Board for Coffee!

Posted on: February 5, 2018

2017 Community Survey Results

Posted on: October 24, 2017
alarm permit

Alarm Permits Required in Roselle

Posted on: September 25, 2017